Big Brother Canada Application 2023: Part of the global Big Brother franchise, Big Brother Canada is a television reality game show. The show’s first season debuted on February 27, 2013, and it was initially broadcasted on Slice. The programme moved to Global after the second season. Endemol and Insight Productions are the companies behind the TV show. The host of the programme was brought to Arisa Cox.
Big Brother Canada Details
|Based on||Big Brother by John de Mol|
|Presented by||Arisa Cox|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||10|
|No. of episodes||203|
|Original release||February 27, 2013 – Present|
|Related shows||Companion shows, Big Brother Canada After Dark Parent show Big Brother U.S.|
|Related||Big Brother Quebec|
|Big Brother Canada WIki||Wikipedia|
BBCANNetwork Announce BBCANADA Session 11
The format of the ‘Big Brother Canada’ show
The show centres on a group of competitors known as “HouseGuests.” The Big Brother House isolates the HouseGuests from communication with the outside world. The HouseGuests compete in a number of required challenges each week to find out who will receive food, luxuries, and chances to become the Head of Household (HoH) or win the Power of Veto (PoV). The weekly HoH winner, who is exempt from nominations, chooses two other HouseGuests to be put up for eviction.
Also known as “on the block” for eviction, the two HouseGuests nominated for eviction. A HouseGuest who wins HoH is ineligible to compete in the following HoH competition. If the PoV winner exercises the power, the HoH then nominates another HouseGuest to go up on the block for eviction. HouseGuests also take part in the Haves vs. Have-Not competitions.
The “Haves” and the “Have Nots” are two categories of houseguests. The Have Nots are only allowed to consume “Big Brother Slop” and a few other foods chosen by the audience. They are also permitted to consume protein shakes and condiments. Have Nots generally sleep in uncomfortably firm beds in unsightly rooms and are only permitted to take cold showers. All HouseGuests vote to evict one of the two nominees on Eviction Night, with the exception of the HoH and the two nominees. Voting HouseGuests are asked by the show’s host, Arisa Cox, who they wish to remove during this required vote in the Diary Room. The HoH casts the deciding vote if there is a tie, announcing it infront of the other HouseGuests.
Rules of Big Brother Canada
There are a number of rules imposed on the HouseGuests competing in the series. The participants are under constant audio and video surveillance, and are required to wear personal microphones at all times. Contestants have no access to phones, television, internet, magazines, newspapers, and are prohibited from contact with those not in the house. The Bible and other religious literature are the only books allowed in the house.
The doors to the house remained locked at all times, though a HouseGuest is free to quit the game whenever they choose; however, once leaving the house, they are not permitted to re-enter. Should a contestant break the rules of the game, they could be expelled and immediately removed from the house. Unlike other versions of Big Brother, the HouseGuests may discuss the nomination and eviction process openly and freely.
History of Big Brother Canada
After Global purchased the broadcasting rights from CBS for the American edition, the Big Brother franchise was first aired in Canada in 2000. Additionally, CH, a former sibling network, has aired the series. In 2003, the French-produced version of the series, “Loft Story,” debuted in Canada. A Quebec-made version of “Big Brother” that was officially produced and shown for one season in 2010 replaced the programme.
The series’ English adaptation would debut in Canada on the digital cable channel Slice, according to a May 30, 2012 announcement by Global’s then-parent company, Shaw Media. Later, the network clarified that, in contrast to the United States version, which requires a membership, live feeds from the Big Brother house would be accessible to Canadian viewers without charge.
The debut date of “Big Brother Canada” was originally scheduled for February 18, 2013, but was later moved to February 27. After the first season’s ratings success, the show was given the go-ahead for a second; just before the second season debuted, a new house was constructed. After the second season’s finale, it was announced that the show will be transferring to Global.
Global revealed that the series has been put on an indefinite hold for unspecified reasons after the fifth season of the show. Fans of the show protested the statement and asked for the show to resume airing as a result. Due to the strong fan support, it was announced less than two months after the initial announcement that the show would return for a sixth season in 2018. A third House for the series was constructed with the same layout as the second one prior to the start of the sixth season. The seventh season of the series was confirmed by host Arisa Cox in June 2018. It premiered in March of 2019.
Season 8 was a series first for the Canadian franchise: two HouseGuests had to be removed due to a violation of house rules; production ended early on March 24, 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic with no winner and the finale aired on April 1, 2020.
How to Apply for Big Brother Canada auditions 2023 Application ?
Only applications submitted through Big Brother, the program’s official website, will be accepted for Big Brother Canada Application 2023. The steps that must be taken in order to apply for Big Brother Canada 2023 are listed below.
- To submit an online application, all candidates are urged to visit Big Brother. Personal information including your name, age, educational background, employment history, and a brief bio must be entered into the form.
- To be taken into consideration, one must submit a video in which they briefly introduce themselves and tell the audience who they are. Along with the form, this must be submitted.
- Recently captured photographs of the participant also need to be uploaded.
- After submitting the form, the official team will contact the participants who are shortlisted and will be further given details about the audition and casting procedure.
Eligibility Criteria for Canada Big Brother 2023:
To participate in Big Brother Canada 2023, the following eligibility criteria need to be qualified:
- If the Producer chooses to contact you for an interview, you must be available for a Skype interview at the time the Producer arranges.
- You must be willing to fly to Toronto for around one week at a time as the Producer schedules it at its own discretion if you are chosen by the Producer for an interview in the Semi-Finals. The Producer will arrange and cover the cost of economy travel (round-trip to and from Toronto, Ontario), hotel lodging, and per diem.
- You must be ready to spend roughly seventy-five (75) days on dates chosen at the Producer’s sole discretion in the Big Brother Canada house in Toronto alongside roughly a dozen strangers, where you will have little to no privacy. It is your obligation to make all necessary preparations with your job and family in advance of your extended absence from home if you are selected to live in the house.
- For the length of your participation in the contest, the house is fully equipped with video and audio recording devices that will constantly record, broadcast, and display your movements and voice in every area of the house, twenty-four (24) hours per day, seven days per week. The Producer, as well as the broader audience watching on television, the Internet, mobile devices, and any other medium, will always be monitoring you.
- The main prize of $100,000 CAD will be awarded to one participant (subject to modification at the Producer’s and/or the Broadcaster’s discretion). Each contestant will receive a weekly stipend for each week that they stay in the Big Brother Canada House. After the last episode of the show has aired, stipend payments and prize money will be paid out.
- You must be at least 19 years of age by February 1, 2022.
- You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada as of February 1, 2022.
- You must be in excellent physical and mental health.
- If you are chosen to be interviewed, you may be given additional application materials (including but not limited to additional psychological and health questionnaires), or documents (such as your birth certificate, passport, and/or other identification), and you must complete and return (prior to the date of your personal interview in Toronto), along with a Medical History form.
- The Participant Form Package, which the Producer will provide to you if you are chosen as a Semi-Finalist, must be filled out and includes, but is not limited to: the Participant Agreement & Release, psychological and medical assessments (including blood and urine tests), confidentiality agreements (including those for your immediate family members), caretaker agreements, and other information as requested by the Producer. You must also agree to physical and psychological testing conducted by doctor(s) chosen by the Producer in Toronto and meet all physical and psychological standards.
- By applying for participation in Big Brother Canada, you authorize the Producer to conduct civil, criminal, financial, driver-history and any other type of background checks deemed necessary by the Producer.
- Employees, officers, directors, and agents of EndemolShine North America Inc., Kassting Inc., Casting Crane LLC, Insight Productions Ltd., Insight Big Brother Canada 10 Ltd., and Corus Media Holdings Inc., as well as any sponsor of the programme or a contest or prize related thereto, and/or any of their respective licensees, assignees, parents, affiliated, and subsidiary companies, and members of their immediate families (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors and agents are not eligible to be participants on Big Brother Canada or participate in the application process.
Required documents for Big Brother Canada auditions 2023:
The following documents are required for Big Brother Canada auditions 2023:
- Proof of address
- Proof of residence
- Proof of identity
- Recent photographs
- Must agree with all the terms and conditions
List of Big Brother Canada Winners:
|Season 1||JILLIAN MACLAUGHLIN|
|Season 2||JON PARDY|
|Season 3||SARAH HANLON|
|Season 4||NICK & PHIL PAQUETTE|
|Season 5||KEVIN MARTIN|
|Season 6||PARAS ATASHNAK|
|Season 7||DANE RUPERT|
|Season 9||TYCHON CARTER-NEWMAN|
|Season 10||KEVIN JACOBS|
Big Brother Canada judges
The ousted HouseGuests continue to play the game until they reach the halfway point, at which point they join the “jury,” which selects the series winner. No film from the Diary Room, including any interviews that might reveal nominees’ tactics or specifics, is shown to the jury members. Although the number of HouseGuests on the jury has fluctuated a little throughout the season, it usually includes the most recent 7 evicted HouseGuests.