Millionaire Hot Seat casting 2023: Millionaire Hot Seat, also known as Hot Seat, is an Australian television quiz show. ‘Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Hot Seat?’, is the original show and a spinoff of the programme, which debuted on the Nine Network on April 20, 2009. Eddie McGuire serves as the show’s host, much like in the first iteration. On June 8, 2009, a special prime time edition broadcast.
The programme was the first foreign Millionaire to be aired in the UK when it was rerun on the UK channel Challenge in February 2015.
Millionaire Hot Seat Details
|Also known as||Hot Seat|
|Created by||Adam Elliot|
|Production locations||GTV-9 Melbourne, Victoria (2009–10) Docklands Studios Melbourne (2011–present)|
|Production companies||2waytraffic (2009–2019) Sony Pictures Television (2019–present)|
|Original network||Nine Network|
|No. of seasons||13|
|Composers||Ramon Covalo Keith Strachan Matthew Strachan|
|Theme music composer||Ramon Covalo|
|Original release||20 April 2009 – present|
Format of Millionaire Hot Seat
Six contestants play each episode of Hot Seat, which was created to be a faster-paced game than the standard Millionaire format. They compete to be the first person to reach the goal amount and correctly answer the question about it. The greatest amount on the money tree is where the objective amount begins.
The usual three lifelines are replaced with a single “pass” lifeline, which sends the current competitor to the back of the line while passing the current question to the person in front of them (who cannot pass that question further).
There is a time limit assigned to each question, with 15 seconds allotted for the first five, 30 for the next five, and 45 for the final five. The timer begins when McGuire reads the question and the four answer options. The pass lifeline is automatically used if a player doesn’t respond within the allotted time.
The current contender is treated as having given an incorrect answer if time runs out and they are unable to pass the question (either because they were passed the current question or because they have already used their pass).
Unlike previous Millionaire formats, this one does not end when a player selects the incorrect response. The objective amount is instead decreased to the next lowest tier on the money tree, the current player is dismissed from the game, the next player in line becomes the “Hot Seat” competitor, and everyone else moves up one chair (unless it is lower than the current tier). Play resumes once a new question is posed and the players have been rearranged. Additionally, players are not permitted to leave the game at any time.
The format was expanded to include audio and visual questions in the second part of 2011. Once per episode, generally at the start of the game, a visual or auditory question would be posed.
Eligibility criteria for Millionaire Hot Seat 2023
- Applications are open Australia-wide.
- You must be a permanent resident or an Australian citizen.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Please submit a headshot or recent photo of yourself with your application.
- Please be aware that you are not required to apply again if you already applied and auditioned for the show.
Audition Process for Millionaire Hot Seat 2023
- All applicants who meet the aforementioned requirements for admittance are eligible to participate in the “Casting Call” stage of the audition process.
- The second audition step, dubbed “Audition,” is exclusively open to those who have been invited.
How to apply in Millionaire Hot Seat 2023
- Visit official Website to register for the Millionaire Hot Seat audition, and provide your contact and demographic information.
- To guarantee that each participant has a just and equal chance of moving forward, each entry received from the casting call will be separately judged.
- Using the information supplied during registration, the promoter will get in touch with participants who have been chosen to receive invitations to the audition stage through email or SMS.
- An email containing the location and time of their audition will be sent to participants who have been invited to the auditions.
- Specific information about the audition’s date, time, and location will be included in the email message.
- A participant’s application may be re-entered into the database in order to be invited to an audition if they are unable to arrive at the venue on the day and time specified. Another audition date is not guaranteed by the promoter.
- It will be necessary for participants who received email invitations to the audition to reply to that email in order to confirm their attendance. They risk losing their invitation or registration if they don’t respond to the promoter’s email within the timeframe given in the communication.
- Participants cannot specify their preferred manner of audition; the promoter may choose to conduct the audition using Zoom or another similar video conferencing system.
- A written test, a questionnaire, and an interview could be part of the procedure for participants who have been invited to the audition.
- One component of the overall grading and selection criteria is the written test administered during the audition stage. Participants are cautioned that every aspect of the audition, including but not limited to their behaviour throughout the process and any follow-up questions from the promoter, will play a role in the final decision.
Rules & Regulations- Millionaire Hot Seat Application 2023
- A telephone call will be used to contact participants chosen for contestant status. On their appearance date, they will be notified via phone of the day and time they must arrive at Docklands Studios in Melbourne, Victoria.
- To help the Contestant participate, the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, offer to pay for the Contestant’s travel and lodging expenses. Meals, drinks, and any other personal expenses are not included.
- The Contestants and their Support Persons (if applicable) won’t be charged a price for coming to the studio or suffer any financial loss as a result of doing so. Each Contestant bears the obligation and risk.
- If a Contestant does not show up at the studio on the Appearance Day, the Promoter has the right to remove them from the programme.
- The Promoter has the full authority to request identification from Contestants. The Program might need proof of identification.
Millionaire Hot Seat 2023 Prize Money
The dollar value of each level is as follows:
- $1,000 (Safe)
Any prize money won by the Contestant who sits in the Hot Seat for 15 questions will be paid to the designated account 28 days following the program’s broadcast. To dispel any lingering questions, prizes will only be given out during the Program broadcast. In the event that the Program is not televised, no prizes will be awarded.
Top winners of Millionaire Hot Seat
Edwin Daly (29 August 2016)
On August 29, 2016, 67-year-old Edwin Daly became the first Australian candidate (and the fourth overall) to win the grand prize of AU$1,000,000 on the Hot Seat.
Antony McManus (25 November 2021)
Antony McManus used the Switch lifeline he won in Fastest Finger First to swap the question on November 25, 2021, to become the second Australian competitor on the Hot Seat (and the fourth in Australia) to win the top prize of AU$1,000,000.
Other Current On-Going Auditions
- Apply Now! Australian Survivor Auditions 2022, Open Casting Call, Application
- Australian Idol Audition 2023, Application, Read Before Apply
- How to Apply for Australia’s Got Talent Auditions 2023, Application, Winners, Judges
- How to Apply for Big Brother Australia 2023 Auditions
- How to Apply for The Voice Kids Australia 2023 Audition, Age, Eligibility
How does Millionaire hot seat work?
They each try to be the active participant (the one sitting in the “hot chair”) and reach the goal amount. For every incorrect answer, the goal amount is decreased by $1 million. There are only two prizes available: $1,000 or $10,000.